Fitness Pilates Class
“Learn to utilize and strengthen your Powerhouse: Deep abdominal muscles, obliques and back. This class combines the precise movements of Pilates with traditional fitness elements, ski specific strength drills, and exercise to improve balance, flexibility and range of motion. Learn a wide variety of Pilates based exercises to stay strong & injury free in sport and in your busy day to day lives!” The class welcomes both male and female participants!
- Session 1: May 8 – 29 ( cancelled)
- Session 2: June 5 – 26
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Monday mornings
Location: Wirth Beach
Instructor: Karen Bebchuk: email@example.com
- One Session (4 weeks): $80
- Both Sessions (8 weeks – discounted rate): $120
About the Instructor: Karen Bebchuk
Karen has over two decades of experience as a multisport athlete, coach and mother to three very active children. An all State Nordic Skier and competitive tennis player in her early years she added triathlon and resumed XC ski racing after moving back to MN in 2001. Karen consistently places in the top of her age group in triathlon and XC skiing. Believing that cross training and variety is key to making racing sustainable, she includes plenty of variety and unique methods of cross training into all her work out sessions.
Karen’s goal is to give the beginner, “middle of the pack”, and competitive “age groupers” the inspiration, knowledge, and confidence to achieve their fitness goals and take pride in their results. She coaches with an emphasis on good technique and using the best equipment possible in order to maximize fun and fitness while minimizing injuries. As a certified group fitness instructor and personal trainer she includes fundamentals of pilates, yoga, and dance to enhance the mind connection that lead to better balance, increased core strength, and more efficient skiing.
- Certified Mat Pilates, Barre, Indoor Cycle and Group Fitness Instructor
- Sales Consultant at BeFAST Sportswear and The Racery bike shop
- USSA Level 200 Ski Coach
- USAT Level 1 Coach and Personal TrainerFormer Gear West Ski & Run Store employee
- Former Wayzata High School Nordic Ski Team Volunteer Coach
- Top Age Group and Masters Triathlete & Nordic skier