Women’s 2017 Fall Dryland Session
Relatively good aerobic and general fitness is required. Sessions will include balance, strength, and dryland technique drills. Session will also include an intensity component in the form of ski walking, running and/or bounding. The goals of this session are:
- Perfect basic skiing motions such as arm swing, classic kick and leg swing, and side push skate motion with legs.
- Gain strength in the important xc skiing muscle groups such as abdominal muscles, lower back, glutes, and quads.
- Make improvements in balance and ankle strength so that skills of weight shift and long glide become easier on snow.
- Weekly interval sessions to improve your fitness and results for the winter race season!
- Make more life long women training friends (we often have post workout potlucks)!
Fall 2017 Women’s Dryland Training Group Information: Two options below:
- Day: Wednesday mornings
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Location: Wirth Beach
- Equipment: Running shoes, bounding poles, yoga mat
- Head Coach: Kim Rudd (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Assistant Coach: Karen Bebchuck
- Program: Sessions include core strength, plyometrics, bounding and interval work. Rollerski training sessions may be provided if there is enough interest.
- Class Size: Class is limited to 40 women (fills up fast so register early!)
Two registration options:
- September Start Session: 10 sessions September 6 – November 8
- Cost: $200 or $220 after August 31 (includes 10 coached 1.5 hour training sessions)
- October Start Session: October 4 – Nov. 8 ( six sessions)
- Cost: $120