Crew Ski Loppet
Team skiing for a cause! Teams of six compete head-to-head on 25’ long skis.
Up to sixteen teams compete in head-to-head matches. Each team is guaranteed at least two races. Winning teams move on to the Final Four under the lights at the Loppet Finish Area.
There is no fee for competing in the Crew Ski Loppet. However, we have set up a simple fundraising tool for your team. The team that raises the most for the Loppet Adventure Program receives a prize – even if the team does not do well on the skis . . .
More Information on Fees and Fundraising
For those interested in fundraising, fundraising for the Crew Ski Loppet is designed to be easy, fun and rewarding. First step, designate a team captain, and have them register here.
Once registered, the Loppet Foundation will send the team captain instructions and a link to a customized fundraising site at the email address they provided during registration. Although teams are not required to personalize their fundraising site, it is a fun way to showcase your team’s hard work. Team members send out emails or Facebook posts to their friends asking for support.
- Each team must have 6 participants
- All participants must be 13 years of age or older
- Equipment will be provided (poles and giant skis)
- Participants must supply their own regular winter boots (Stiff-soled boots work best)
- The Crew Ski Loppet is limited to 16 teams
In round one, the teams are randomly assigned to compete against each other in eight head-to-head matches. In round two, the teams are broken up into the championship bracket (made up of the eight teams that won in round one), and the consolation bracket (made up of the eight teams that lost in round one). The four winning teams in the round two championship bracket advance to the finals Saturday evening in the Loppet Festival finish area – with the winning team taking home the big prize! The four winning teams in the consolation bracket receive special prizes.
Start Time and Location
- Time: Bracket Races: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Championship at 7 p.m.
- Location: Loppet Festival Area. Just east of the tunnel, between Calhoun Parkway and the lake. Championship rounds at the Loppet Festival Area Finish Line.
- Team Captain’s Meeting: Mandatory meeting of team captains at noon.
Proceeds from the City of Lakes Loppet Festival events benefit the Loppet Foundation. Learn more about the Foundation's mission, vision, and values.