Start & Finish Area / Logistics
Being a point-to-point event there are a few details that runners should think through. Runners are encouraged to pick up their packets prior to the event to avoid last-minute issues. Those who wait until the day-of will need to apportion ample time. Day-of packet pickup is located at the finish area only. Note that there is no packet pickup at the start area in downtown Robbinsdale!
The recommended routine is as follows:
- Pick up packet the day before or two days before the race.
- Check that race number, event and wave match what the runner registered for.
- Pin on race number and secure chip before heading to the event.
- Bring a small duffle bag with bag number affixed to the bag with a change of clothes for after the race.
- Bike, bus, or walk to the finish area – those who bike, bus or walk receive a coupon for a free beer after the event. Or, for those with no ability to bike, bus or walk, drive to the Parade Stadium area and park in the Parade Stadium parking area. Leave ample time. Runners should arrive at least one hour in advance of their start time in order to make it to the start in a timely manner.
- Note that there will be a secure bike corral for bikers to deposit their bike
- Take the shuttle bus from the finish area to the start area. Shuttle buses run from Parade Stadium to the start beginning at 7 a.m. on the morning of the event.
- Arriving in downtown Robbinsdale, runners may warm up in the surrounding area. There will also be portable toilets available. For runners who brought a bag, deposit the bags in the bag area where trucks will transport the bags to the finish line.
- Once the run is complete, runners get a finisher t-shirt and may pick up their bags in the bag check area.
- Complimentary Surly Beer for of-age runners. Root beer for younger runners. Note that runners must have identification to receive a beer.
- Enjoy beer, music and maybe purchase a brat.