Loppet Ski Club
Take your skill and enjoyment of skiing to new heights!
The Loppet Ski Club is a community of lifelong skiers who gather year round to recreate and enjoy the meditations, exhilaration and philosophies of the trails. Loppet Ski Club is designed for the person who is interested in developing as a competent and confident recreational skier. Many who join the club are skiing for the first time, perhaps getting interested through their kids that have started skiing, cyclists and runners that want to keep it going year round or are simply trying to find a way to love winter in Minnesota. Others have been long-time skiers but have never had a lesson or training program.
Regardless of motivations and experience – ALL ARE WELCOME !!!
Every session involves training and self-care tips, quality coaching, skills development, skiing and community. Coaches will cover clothing and equipment, waxing and event preparation. Loppet Ski club will also include special sessions taught by “celebrity” coaches and special educational lectures.
Come ski with us, we won’t judge you.
Loppet Ski Club Winter 2017/18
The Ski Club’s Winter Session will begin on Monday, November 6, 2017 and run through Monday, February 12, 2018. The week-to-week schedule of topics and places may change based on snow and weather conditions.
- Session Dates:
- November 6, 2017 – February 12, 2018
- Mondays: 6:30pm – 8:30pm, Theodore Wirth Chalet
- Saturdays: 9:00am – 11:00, Locations Vary (generally Hyland Park downhill area or Theodore Wirth Park, exact locations are announced at the prior Monday session)
- Session Focus:
- Monday evenings will be focused on building a base of ski technique and will include technique drills, pole hike and for those who are interested, some conditioning exercises.
- Saturday morning sessions will be focused on building a fitness base for skiing.
- Registration Fee:
- $100 for Loppet members
- $120 for non-members
Loppet Ski Club Fall Dryland 2017
Try-it-Out October! Try a Loppet Ski Club Dryland training session for free October 16 or 23.
- September 11 – October 30
- Mondays 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Wirth Beach
- Two Saturdays TBD
- Cost: $80 for Loppet members, $100 for non-members
- Learn More
Thanksgiving Weekend Ski Trip:
Can’t get to West Yellowstone but want to be knee-deep in snow? Join the Loppet Ski Club on a trip to the ABR Trails in Ironwood, MI. Great trip for the advanced, the beginner and everyone in between, providing lots of early-season opportunity to hone your skills.
- Dates: Friday, Nov. 24- Sunday, Nov. 26
- Time: Leave in morning on Friday; return by 6 p.m. on Sunday
- Cost: $40 per night hotel at the Comfort Inn Ironwood (double occupancy); ski pass is $27 for the weekend. Transportation is $20 if you want to join the crew in the Loppet van.
- RSVP: Email email@example.com or call 612.875.7803