Loppet Ultra Trail Run Club
The Loppet Ultra Trail Run Club is for those looking to step up their performance or distance to the next level. The Ultra Trail Run Club builds on the Spring and Summer Run Club sessions. Long run distances will be targeted towards completing the St. Paul Urban Trail Marathon in August (all members will receive discount registration for this event!) and will be suitable for building a base for other Fall marathons and ultramarathons. Club members will also compete in the City Trails Loppet, the Tri Loppet, and the Surly Trail Loppet along with the Endless Summer Trail Series and the Salomon Autumn Trail Series.
Ultra Trail Run Club workouts will join and build on the Loppet Run Club workouts. Mondays will bring intensity with hill and interval work. Saturday workouts will be longer “over-distance” runs building up to the marathon distance. Runs will take place on the City Trails and Trail Loppet courses. Coaches and athletes will create different pace groups designed to let individuals run with folks of similar experience, current ability level and goals.
Although Ultra-Run Club will meet with Loppet Run Club, it will include the following additional elements:
- both spring and summer sessions included in the price.
- additional training sessions in the weeks between spring and summer sessions.
- additional opportunities for extra mileage on Saturdays as well as strength/conditioning/skill development sessions on Wednesday evenings.
Occasional Sunday workouts will travel to other trails in the metro area.
2017 Session Details:
- Dates: March 27 – September 25
- Cost: $185 Loppet Foundation Members, $195 Non-Member
- Meets: Mondays 6-7:30 p.m, Wednesdays 6-7:30 and Saturdays 8 a.m. Wirth Beach (Does not meet Memorial Day), Occasional Sunday runs and mid-week races.
- Location: Wirth Beach (Glenwood and Theodore Wirth Parkway)
- Ultra Run Club is designed for experienced runners who are looking to step-up to longer races above the half-marathon distance targeting marathon, 50k and longer races.